New Economic Development Task Force formed in Partnership
Between the Hamden Regional Chamber of Commerce
and the Town of Hamden.
Chamber President Nancy Dudchik and Economic and Neighborhood Development Director Dale Kroop are pleased to announce a new Task Force calledHamdenBack to Business.The Task Force is an outgrowth of the reopening strategy for the economy in CT.
“It is absolutely critical for the Chamber and the Town to work together to help small businesses and families get back on their feet during the rolling out process for COVID-19. Hamden is a strong community and we want to provide resources to move forward”, from Nancy Dudchik, President of the Hamden Regional Chamber of Commerce.
There have already been two meetings of theBack to Business Task Forcevia Zoom. The purpose ofBack to Businessis to find solutions for small and larger businesses, including non-profits within key business sectors and industries in Hamden, to help move the economy forward. The members of the task force represent different parts of the Hamden economy including the health care and manufacturing industry, institutions (QU), major employers, real estate professionals, the banking industry and housing developers.
To date, the committee is focusing on strategies that will help people feel good about re-entering the economy. One of the first initiatives will be a social media campaign to share best practices in each of the industries in Hamden, to help them succeed. There will also be a new effort to identify and publicize safe business practices among the public. This information will soon be shared within the Hamden community.
“This new Task Force will seek and share solutions. The Task Force will not simply identify problems, we all know what they are, we are looking at how to move the economy forward by developing a place to share ideas and solutions to different challenges and create a repository of information that the business community that can get the benefit of” From Dale Kroop, Co-chair of this initiative.
Among stated objectives were finding solutions to how business can safely open and adjust their business model and practices to new realities in the business workplace.
Topics introduced as potential topics included
• Day Care: How do we assist day care providers in making their business model work, how do we help them meet safety requirements?
• Transportation: How do we build confidence in and encourage people to use public transportation?
• Technology: What technologies need do we now need to meet to help businesses work in a post pandemic world. How do we encourage and enable use of technology for all citizens. How do shape public policy around highspeed broadband in an equitable way?
• How do we celebrate success and tell positive stories to give people confidence to keep moving forward?
• How do we use social media to communicate ideas and celebrate success?
For more information about the Back to Business Task Force please contact: