These photos of Engine 6 were taken by Chan Brainard on State Street sometime between 1952 and late 1954. It is parked on the east side, almost opposite Ridge Road. In the photo on the left, the white building is 1959 State, a private residence. The darker building, 1953 State, was St. Stephen's Church, long before the new church was built on Ridge Road.
The photo on the right was taken at the same time but from a different POV. Notice the same white markings on the larger utility pole in both pix. The Hamden branch of the Connecticut Dept. of Motor Vehicles stands there today.
Engine 6 was the 1930 Maxim 600 GPM pumper from August 1952, when it was transferred from Station 5, until October 1954, when it was replaced by the 1939 Diamond-T that had been Engine 4 since new.